Search This Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Dog's Purpose

I received the book A Dog's Purpose; A Novel for Humans, by W. Bruce Cameron as a birthday gift from a fellow dog lover.  

I love dogs and have owned many over my life.  My current dog started life in a not so nice household before making it to our home through the NYC ASPCA.  This book sent me on an emotional roller coaster, thinking of her former life.  

A Dog's Purpose, follows the story of one dog through many lives.  The dog learns new things through every life he/she is given.  Along the way the dog figures that there must be a purpose for all the reincarnation that is going on.  From that point on it is the dog's quest.

I will admit I almost put the book down after the first couple of chapters.  I did not realize the dog would be reincarnated and well it took all my power to keep reading and not throw the book across the room upon his first death.  Not all of the dog's lives are perfect, but there is a reason for each one. 

I promise that this is a tear jerker.  I was crying like a baby, even though there was a smile on my face when I finished the book.   Of course my dog was there to console me.  
Sasha, my proud to be adopted pup.

If you would like to donate to the NYC ASPCA where my girl is from click the link and help another dog find its purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment