Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

True Blood vs. Sookie Stackhouse Novels

I will admit I was one of the many that was drawn into Charlaine Harris's books through the first season of True Blood.  I was an avid watcher until last Sunday.  I think I might actually be giving the show up, yes that's right  my guilty pleasure is no longer.


If you like the show and are slightly (or more so) confused by the story line, please pick up the books.  Charlaine Harris has written 10 books in the series.  At first the show was following the series, the first season was based on the first book.  Which made me totally love the series and the books.  I read every book I could get my hands on and then pre-ordered the rest.

Then season 2 happened.  I am not really sure where that came from and I am beginning to think that the director has only read the dust jacket and looked at the pretty sparkly pictures on the covers of each book, before writing the season.  The show has added story lines that are not needed (and quite frankly were just terrible), killed characters that are needed for later in the story arch, disregarded important relationships and expanded characters that are not needed.

Basically if you love the show, try the books and you will be hooked on these beach reads.  They are just a guilty pleasure featuring lots of intimate relationships with the supernatural and fights with the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment