Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Smashburger

So we decided to try this new place, and I was so disappointed.  The sign looks exactly like a game stop sign, that should have been a clue.

You order at the entrance closest to the parking lot.   I will admit that the cashier got a Louis C.K. reference which we thought was a good omen.   Unfortunately we were wrong.  After ordering you take your number to a very uncomfortable booth and wait for your food to be delivered.

We ordered a cheddar bacon bbq burger, a chili cheese dog, haystack onions, smash fries and fried pickles.

When you order a burger they don't ask you how you want it cooked.  If you build a burger because you don't like the choices (which are few) everything costs extra. The burger is smashed which makes it look like a Sysco burger, then again it just might be.  My burger was overcooked by my standards.  I am a medium rare girl.

The chili cheese dog is cut in half and cooked on the grill.  The hot dog was not crispy enough for a snap, boo!  The bun was so overpowering that I couldn't really taste more than egg bun.

The haystack onions were super greasy.  The fries are flavored with garlic, thyme and rosemary, which I have had in other places and loved.  However, in other places the garlic, thyme and rosemary are fresh.  Smashburger's was dried not acceptable.

The only thing worth eating were the fried pickles.

I will never enter this establishment again unless I need fried pickles and I doubt that will happen for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment