Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

Vampire for Hire Series

I stumbled upon this series while my flight was delayed at the airport.  I was using a kindle for the first time (the vote is still out on that one) and didn't want to read what was on it.  So I started a search and came upon Moon Dance - Vampire for Hire #1, by J.R. Rain.  At $0.99 how could you go wrong?

I know, I know another vampire novel.  Yes it is similar in many ways to other vampire books.  Lots of other supernatural beings and the usual vampire problems.  However, I just adore Samantha Moon the protagonist.  She was a soccer mom and a federal agent before one night changed everything.  Now she is living with an unusual "skin disease" and is a private investigator.

I think the reason I love this series is that she is still dealing with every day struggles as well as the struggles of being a vampire.  Kids, husband, family members and running your own business is hard enough for anyone, let alone someone who is allergic to the sun.

Needless to say this is a guilty pleasure.  All of the books in the Vampire for Hire series are currently only available digitally.  There are some editing mishaps along the way but in general they are fun reads.  

I am already waiting for the next book, Moon Child, in this beach read series which will be released in July. J.R. Rain has lots of e-books and many of the books are featured at the end of the Vampire for Hire books.  I am sure there is something for everyone there.

No comments:

Post a Comment