Search This Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Road Music - Erasure

I just returned from a trip to Maine to see my close friend and fellow blogger Moriah.  This drive is 7 and a half hours for me.  That length of a trip can not only make your rear end numb but your brain as well.  My solution is to rock out and sing along to my favorite tunes.

I haven't been on that long of a road trip in a while but my tried and true go to's  still work.  I love techno but it tends to make me a speed demon, so let's choose something to sing along to.  Well that leads me to one of my all time favorite bands. . . Erasure.

They are an English synth pop band which started in 1985.  Needless to say I have been a fan for quite a long time.  Their music is all about love and the loss of it.  The beat keeps you bopping you head and wide awake for your drive.
They even released an acoustic album which has a more folk/country style with their own pop synth twist.
My addiction to this bad has led me to see them live during their last tour in the U.S.  Andy Bell the lead singer is such a showman with multiple costume changes per show that the new pop stars could take a lesson form him.  Vince Clarke the consummate songwriter keeps me coming back for more.  I can't say enough about this band that has been in my play list since my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment