Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Superfreakonomics

I know, I know another book.  I am on a roll and I don't plan on slowing down any time soon.  I wish I could read more, but I might feel guilty otherwise.  

I read the original Freakonomics many years ago and loved it.  So when I finished the 900 page behemoth I wanted a quick read.  Enter Superfreakonomics, I was done in a couple of days.
I was not as impressed with the sequel as I was with the first.  The authors claimed that the first book did not have a unifying thread but this one is based on everyone striving for a reward.  This reward seeking is seen through prostitution, simple fixes and altruism.

It is an interesting read, but I felt like I was making myself finish this one.  They still prove that you can make anything true through statistics.

No comments:

Post a Comment