Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sherlock

I am clamoring for the next season, of Masterpiece Mystery's Sherlock.  I was flipping channels one night and trying to avoid more reality dreck, when I came upon this modern Sherlock Holmes.  I went so far as to donate to PBS so I can have the episodes to watch at my will.  I LOVE IT!


This modern version features Benedict Cumberbatch, as Sherlock.  It does not shy away from technology, but embraces it, making Sherlock an avid texter and blogger.  He is an absolutely perfect Sherlock, arrogant yet lovable.

 Watson also blogs which gets the team in a little bit of trouble.  Watson is played by Martin Freeman who you might recognize from the remake of The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.    Watson is not the bumbling idiot which many versions make him out to be. He is the straight man to Sherlock's dry humor.

Unfortunately, there are only 3 episodes in season 1.  There are an hour and a half long, so they are really like mini movies.  Each episode makes you want to know each character more and more.  I can't wait for the next season.  Please give it a try and I swear you will be waiting with baited breath too.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/sherlock/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment